Reynistaður,a church and manor farm through the ages. Home of Þorfinnur karlsefni and of his descendants to 1259, also of Earl Gissur Þorvaldsson for a while. Convent from 1295 to 1552. The farmhouse porch (bæjardyrahús) at Reynistaður, one of the few stave structures dating from the 18th century in Iceland, has been restored. In the keeping of the National Museum since 1999.