Flugumýri, a farm and a church, an important place since early times. For a while the home of Earl Gissur Þorvaldsson, the only Icelander to have been titled “Earl”. In 1253 the farm was burned down (Flugumýrarbrenna, “The burning of Flugumýri”), when his opponents tried to take his life. Formerly the official meeting–place for the priests of the diocese of Hólar. Above the farm is Virkishóll (“Fort Hill”), a name probably given to the hill in the time of Earl Gissur. At Flugumýri is a horse breeding farm from where the well know stead Ófeigur 882 is from.