Keldur, a manor farm since Saga times, mentioned in Njáls saga as one of the main farms of the family of Oddi. Over 20 houses are preserved, including the primary living quarters and the accommodation for livestock. The farmhouses are of ancient type of turf houses. The hall, probably dating from the 16th century, is of so called stave construction with Romanesque–style ornament. The date 1641 is carved on a ledge in the hall, but it is likely that the hall is much older. Beneath the hall is a tunnel believed to date from the 11th –13th century, probably for escape in times of conflict. In the keeping of the National Museum since 1947.