Sæluhúsvið Jökulsá á Fjöllum

Sæluhús, a shelter built in 1881 near the ferry point on Jökulsá. This building was in many ways better than such shelters used to be, made of stones cemented together and having three floors: the basement for the horses and the upper ones for accommodation for travellers. However, the place soon got the reputation of being haunted and there are some ghost stories and folktales connected with the shelter. In the keeping of the National Museum since 1988.