Skeggjastaðir, a church and parsonage. A little to the west is a strange rock, Stapi, rising straight out of the sea. The church was built in 1845, the pastor Rev. Hóseas Árnason paying out of his own pocket for all the work, since both the bishop and the local people refused to help. The Provost at Hof in Vopnafjörður, Rev. Guttormur Þorsteinsson, who owned Skoruvíkurfjörður on the Langanes peninsula, donated driftwood for the building.