Skeggjastaðir, a church and parsonage. A little to the west is a strange rock, Stapi, rising straight out of the sea. The church was built in 1845, the pastor Rev. Hóseas Árna son paying out of his own pocket for all the work, since both the bishop and the local people refused to help. The Provost at Hof in Vopna fjörður, Rev. Gutt orm ur Þor steins son, who owned Skoru víkur fjörður on the Langanes peninsula, donated drift wood for the building.