Flateyjardalsheiði, and Flateyjardalur, a continuation of Fnjóskadalur to the sea. The moors are above the valley, but there is good flat land near the sea, where it is grassy and there are fishing–rivers. Formerly there were several farms, the last one abandoned in 1954, but buildings still stand at Brettingsstaðir (once the site of a church) and Jökulsá. Fine scenery. The first part of the Saga of Finnbogi rammi took place in Flateyjardalur.