Laufás, a parsonage and church, and an old farmhouse. Fertile farmland with many assets. The church was built in 1865 at the instigation of Rev. Björn Halldórsson, who also had the farmhouse built during his priesthood (1853–82). A very clear example of the northern type of farmhouses where the gables of all the front buildings face forwards. Behind the entrance building, a passage leads to rear buildings, which are arranged at right angles. The Rev. Björn, who wrote many good hymns, ran a junior secondary school at Laufás. His son was Bishop Þórhallur Bjarnason (1846–1916). Birthplace of Tryggvi Gunnarsson (1835–1917), the master carpenter who built the church, later a member of parliament, bank director and important entrepreneur. Many other remarkable pastors have served at Laufás. Laufás has been a vicarage from the earliest Christian times. The last clergyman to live in the old farmhouse, Þorvaldur Þormar, moved into the new vicarage in 1936 where successive ministers of the Laufás parish lived until the year 2000.